Sunday, June 28, 2015

When you don't feel good about yourself

I used to look at the mirror and see my reflection, and I'd go like "Oh, tidy enough!" or "I look good. That's good." Time goes by and now I realize things have changed, including the way I look at my reflection in the mirror. These days I have been criticizing myself. Why do I look this way? How could I go out to world like this! I feel bad about myself. 

I often compare myself to other people, thinking that people are much better than me. I'm not that guy who attracts women with his charm. I ain't look good. 5-feet 5-inch.. what would you expect from me? A tall, amazing prince? I spend more time looking for clothes that match my body and, still, end up looking like a highschooler. If you wonder why I wear T-shirt and short pants a lot, the answer is those clothes are the one matching my body. I hate to look weird by trying so hard to look my age when, in fact, I end up looking like a little kiddo wearing his big brother's large T-shirt. Most of times people told me to wear something which is my age when actually most clothes in kids section fit my body size. It pisses me off when I try hard to find clothes which fits my size, browsing all the small-size clothes displayed, and eventually find what fits my size in kids section. Even sometimes small-size T-shirt still looks too big on me, like I'm wearing a loose T-shirt. Hey yo! You've got swag! Such a B.S

There are times when my big brother comes home and stays for a night, and he doesn't bring any spare clothes. I have to lend him my T-shirt and the largest T-shirt I have looks like a slim-fit on him. He has a V-neck T-shirt, the smallest he has, and when I wear it the neck exposes my chest. Oh! What I need to do is wear a bra and do contouring, then go out to the world and shout "Hello, everyone! I have boobs!" Being short makes me feel intimidated, especially when I have to face someone who is physically bigger and taller than me. I have been mistaken for a highschooler as I hang out somewhere. A bus passenger once asked me about my school, for she thought I was an tenth grader. A police officer stopped me and scolded me because "an underage should never drive". He eventually apologized after I showed him my driving license and confirmed that I was 20. 

I don't look good, compared to others. I feel like I can't look cool. Maybe this is why they don't want to hang out with me. Maybe this is why they always think you're a weirdo. My hairstyle is something weird. When I get my hair cut, a friend once told me to stop 'trying hard' because it will eventually go back to its previous style. The first time I decided to dye my hair, people told me not to do so because that would not match my body. 

Have I complained a lot? 

0 comments:

Post a Comment