Saturday, May 10, 2014

[Music Review] Lonely Road: 8tracks mix by Klaus


Summer has come and some of us might plan to have a roadtrip somewhere. Roadtrip. Roadtrip. Oh, roadtrip! For me it sounds like driving a Volkswagen van down the highway in a sunny summer day. Route 66, probably? Turning on the music and listening to some folk rock and country tunes.. Wouldn't that be nice? Roadtrip reminds me of the Winchester brothers from Supernatural somehow. Driving somewhere far away, it's so adventurous.

Okay. Back to the point.

I've just made a new 8tracks mix called "Lonely Road". Basically the mix is a compilation of songs I'd like to listen to while having a roadtrip. I bet this is the first time I create such mix because I'm not so familiar with country music, despite my mom's interest in country and folk rock music. I find the songs so interesting and I wonder if I can really have a long roadtrip so I can listen to the mix in such a perfect atmosphere. Wearing a faded blue jeans, brown boots, navy blue and maroon flannel shirt, faded denim jacket, I'll do things I've never done before: drive alone down the highway, drink some beers (three or four, maybe?), and smoke.

Good boy gone bad.. LOL

The mix consists of 12 songs. The genre varies from pop to folk rock (I include Adele's "Don't You Remember" by the way and I think it's a sweet cooling down for a hot day). I include Passenger's "Let Her Go" in the mix and I make it as the first track of the mix. The folk rock song boasts its slow tempo and it has something.. I don't know how to say it but the atmosphere made by the song is somewhat calming. I think I'll listen to it for several times repeatedly.


Avenged Sevenfold's "Dear God" is the second key which, I think, creates stronger atmosphere of summer roadtrip. The decision of including the song to the mix is based on the song's music video. Saying a little prayer--having a little conversation with God in the middle of the journey would be fine, wouldn't it?


The third key is Sam Puckett's, err I mean, Jennette Mccurdy's "Love Is On The Way". This country song showcases Mccurdy's sweet voice; something we don't see in iCarly or Sam & Cat. It's like the other side of Sam Puckett (and even this is sooo not Melanie Puckett!). Anyway, Mccurdy's voice is one of my reasons to become her fan (and now I think I miss Carly Shay and Freddie Benson).


The last key is the song people have known so well. Eagles' "Hotel California" is the fourth key for the mix and I don't think I have to really tell what the song is about and what kind of atmosphere the song creates for the roadtrip. It really fits the mix and you gotta remember not to come to the Hotel California (or your soul will be trapped there) LOL


And here is the tracklist for the mix:

  1. Passenger - Let Her Go
  2. Avenged Sevenfold - Dear God
  3. Jennette Mccurdy - Love Is On The Way
  4. John Mayer - Gravity
  5. M2M - Why
  6. Jennette Mccurdy - Don't You Just Hate Those People
  7. Green Day - 21 Guns
  8. Eagles - Hotel California
  9. Taylor Swift - Back to December
  10. Adele - Don't You Remember
  11. Love and Theft - Angel Eyes
  12. John Mayer - Slow Dancing In A Burning Room

So have a nice roadtrip guys and may you have good summer days!

0 comments:

Post a Comment